This laser range sensor can be used to detect objects in 4~400cm with ±2cm accuracy. With 3 measurement modes supported, it is well applicable to various detection scenarios like security gate detection, access control systems, security alarm devices, smart trash cans, smart cars, or robots for obstacle avoidance.
The sensor metal black shell adopts a threaded barrel design and its probe comes with an optical cover. The integrated design makes the product able to effectively filter optical interference, waterproof and shockproof. The sensor uses an invisible laser and there is a voltage regulator circuit inside the module. It operates at 5V~36V and employs an industrial 485 chip, which supports Modbus-RTU protocol and works well with industrial 485 devices. The sensor has an alarm output line that will be triggered to output Low steadily when the measurement distance is smaller than the user-set threshold.
Note: The data will be unstable when measuring black objects.
- Laser ranging
- Wide voltage of 5-36V
- RS485 output
- Made with metal, waterproof and shockproof
- Power Supply Voltage: 6-36 V
- Measuring Distance: 4-400 cm
- Measurement Accuracy: ±2 cm
- Emitting Angle: 39.6°
- Receiving Angle: 36.5°
- Working Current: ＜38mA
- Communication Interface: RS485
- Communication Protocol: Modbus-RTU
- Waterproof Rating: IP67
- Baud Rate: 2400-921600 optional 115200 (default)
- Frequency: 20Hz (default)
- Working Temperature: -20~70°C
- Size: 21.5×21×8 mm / 0.85×0.83×0.31 inch
- Laser Ranging Sensor RS485 (4-400cm) x1