The HiFiBerry Amp+ is a high-quality, highly efficient Class-D power amplifier for the Raspberry Pi. Mount it onto the Raspberry Pi mode A+,B+, Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 and you have a stereo audio system. You only have to connect your loudspeakers. It is the ideal building block for multi-room audio installations.
- This does not include the external 12-18V power supply that is needed to operate the HiFiBerry Amp and the Raspberry Pi. You can purchase one here.
- It powers the Raspberry Pi, there is no need to add an external 5V power supply to the Raspberry Pi. However if you want to use power-hungry USB components you need to use a powered USB hub.
- You can’t connect the power to the Micro-USB port of the Raspberry Pi. The whole system including the Raspberry Pi will be powered from the external 12-18V power supply
- up to 25W output power
- capable of driving 4 Ohm speakers (also works with higher impedance speakers)
- fully controllable from the Raspberry Pi
- 44.1kHz and 48kHz sample rates
- digital-analog conversion included, no need for external DACs or sound cards
- Fully digital sound path for optimal audio performance
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
- Only one 12-18V external power supply needed for both AMP and the Raspberry Pi, no need for USB power supply anymore
- Comes as a pre-fabricated kit,no soldering needed
Raspberry Pi compatibility: Note that the HiFiBerry Amp+ works only with the newer Raspberry Pi model A+ and B+,2, 3, not with the older model A/B.