Secure your project with biometrics - this all-in-one optical fingerprint sensor will make adding fingerprint detection and verification super simple. These modules are typically used in safes - there's a high powered DSP chip that does the image rendering, calculation, feature-finding and searching. Connect to any microcontroller or system with TTL serial, and send packets of data to take photos, detect prints, hash and search. You can also enroll new fingers directly - up to 162 finger prints can be stored in the onboard FLASH memory.
We like this particular sensor because not only is it easy to use, it also comes with fairly straight-forward Windows software that makes testing the module simple - you can even enroll using the software and see an image of the fingerprint on your computer screen. But, of course, we wouldn't leave you a datasheet and a "good luck!" - we've written both a Arduino library and CircuitPython library, so that you can get running in under 10 minutes. The library can enroll and search so its perfect for any project. We've also written a detailed tutorial on wiring and use. This is by far the best fingerprint sensor you can get.
- Supply voltage: 3.6 - 6.0VDC
- Operating current: 120mA max
- Peak current: 150mA max
- Fingerprint imaging time: <1.0 seconds
- Window area: 14mm x 18mm
- Signature file: 256 bytes
- Template file: 512 bytes
- Storage capacity: 162 templates
- Safety ratings (1-5 low to high safety)
- False Acceptance Rate: <0.001% (Security level 3)
- False Reject Rate: <1.0% (Security level 3)
- Interface: TTL Serial
- Baud rate: 9600, 19200, 28800, 38400, 57600 (default is 57600)
- Working temperature rating: -20C to +50C
- Working humidity: 40%-85% RH
- Full Dimensions: 56 x 20 x 21.5mm
- Exposed Dimensions (when placed in box): 21mm x 21mm x 21mm triangular
- Weight: 20 grams
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.