This is a vertical 8421 absolute position encoder with a 16-gear code (0-F). The mechanical position determines the uniqueness of each position of the encoder.
Compared to a potentiometer, it doesn’t require memory, a reference point and constant counting. Whenever you need the current position, you can easily read it with your microcontroller. In this case, the anti-interference of the encoder and the reliability of the data are greatly improved.
Due to the absolute uniqueness of each position, the anti-interference ability and no power-off memory function required, this product is widely used in many kinds of industrial systems for device status controlling.
Connection Example - Arduino
- Operating Current: 150mA, 42V
- 8421 Encode: 16-gear(0-F)
- Service Life: 10000 steps
- Operating Temperature: -40~85℃
- Dimension: 19x19mm/0.75x0.75”
- Mounting Aperture: 2.0mm
- Mounting Hole Pitch: 15x15mm
- 1x 8421 Encoder - Vertical
- 2x 2.54mm 9-pin Black Single Row Pin Header
|1||8||8421 BCD code 8 port|
|2||4||8421 BCD code 4 port|
|3||2||8421 BCD code 2 port|
|4||1||8421 BCD code 1 port|
|5||C||Common Port - VCC|
|6||X||Common Port - GND|