Connect your Arduino device to the Internet with this Ethernet Shield. This Ethernet Shield is based on the W5200 Ethernet Chip and provides an easy way of getting your Arduino Online. Just plug this shield onto your Arduino UNO or Mega board, connect it to your network with an RJ45 Ethernet Cable (not included) and follow few simple instructions, you will be able to explore the world with the Internet. Besides, the shield has a microSD card port for large capacity data storage like Webpage data when applied in complicated applications.
The W5200 chip is a Hardwired TCP/IP embedded Ethernet controller that enables easier internet connection for embedded systems using SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface). W5200 suits best for users who need Internet connectivity for the application that uses a single chip to implement TCP/IP Stack, 10/100 Ethernet MAC, and PHY.
The W5200 is composed of a fully hardwired market-proven TCP/IP stack and an integrated Ethernet MAC & PHY. Hardwired TCP/IP stack supports TCP, UDP, IPv4, ICMP, ARP, IGMP, and PPPoE, which has been proven in various applications for many years. W5200 uses a 32Kbytes internal buffer as its data communication memory. By using W5200, users can implement the Ethernet application they need by using a simple socket program instead of handling a complex Ethernet Controller.
SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) is provided for easy integration with the external MCU. Using the only 4 pins of SPI to connect with MCU, it is possible to design for small form factor system with the MCU’s I/O pin limit. In order to reduce the power consumption of the system, W5200 provides WOL (Wake on LAN) and power-down mode. To wake up during WOL, W5200 should be received a magic packet, which is the Raw Ethernet packet.
- Support Hardwired TCP/IP Protocols: TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4 ARP, IGMP, PPPoE, Ethernet
- Supports 8 independent sockets simultaneously
- Support Power down mode
- Support Wake on LAN
- Support High Speed Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI MODE 0, 3)
- Internal 32Kbytes Memory for Tx/Rx Buffers
- 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet PHY embedded
- Support Auto Negotiation (Full and half duplex, 10 and 100-based )
- Support Auto MDI/MDIX
- Support ADSL connection (with support PPPoE Protocol with PAP/CHAP Authentication mode)
- 3.3V operation with 5V I/O signal tolerance
- Multi-function LED outputs (Full/Half duplex, Link, Speed)
- DFRduino Ethernet Shield for Arduino - W5200 x1
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.