Give your project a voice! Designed by Parallax in conjunction with Grand Idea Studio, the Emic 2 Text-to-Speech Module is a multi-language voice synthesizer that converts a stream of digital text into natural sounding speech. Its simple command-based interface makes it easy to integrate into any embedded system. It is by far the best sounding, easiest-to-use TTS module we've ever seen!
- Single row, 6-pin, 0.1² header for easy connection to a host system
- Power requirements: +5 VDC, 30 mA idle, 46-220 mA active (depending on speech parameters and output load)
- Communication: Asynchronous 9600 bps serial (8N1)
- Dimensions: 1.25" W x 1.5" L x 0.37" H (3.17 W x 3.81 L x 0.94 H cm)
- Operating temperature: -20 to +70 °C (-4 to +158 °F)
- Weight: 6.97g
Downloads & Resources:
- For documentation, schematics, BoM, and example code, visit the parallax download page and enter "Emic" as the product name and click Search
- Epson/Fonix DECtalk 5.01-E1 User Guide (.pdf)
- Grand Idea Studio's Emic 2 Page
- Toymkrs Video Featuring Emic-to-Speech (off-site)
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Parallax products click here.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.