The Electronic Clock for Raspberry Pi Pico is an LED digit electronic clock project designed for the Raspberry Pi Pico!
It incorporates a high precision Real-time Clock (RTC) chip, photosensor, buzzer and buttons, and features multiple functions including an accurate electronic clock, temperature display, auto-brightness adjustment, alarm and custom button configuration.
Open-source code and development tutorials with C/C++ examples are provided to help you get started and make your very own original electronic clock! The USB connection provides both power and a debugging interface for programming.
A Raspberry Pi Pico is not included - click here if you'd like to buy one. Your Pico will need to have male headers soldered to it with the pins pointing downwards (or grab one of our pre-soldered Picos). You will also need a CR2032 battery.
Note: Some simple assembly required.
- Female header for Raspberry Pi Pico
- Onboard high precision RTC chip DS3231 with backup battery holder, maintains accurate timekeeping when main power is off (battery not included)
- Real-Time Clock Counts Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Date of the Month, Month, Day of the Week and Year with Leap-Year Compensation Valid Up to 2100
- Optional format: 24-hour OR 12-hour with an AM/PM indicator
- 2x programable alarm clock
- Digital temperature sensor output: ±3°C accuracy
- Embedded photosensor for auto brightness adjustment - power saving and eye care
- Embedded buzzer for alarm or hourly ring etc
- 3x buttons for custom configuration
- Online development resources and manual (Raspberry Pi Pico C/C++ examples)
- Product Wiki and user guide (C++ example included in the downloadable file. MicroPython expected to be added soon)
Dimensions and Information
- 1x Pico Clock Module
- 1x Case
- 1x USB-A to micro-B cable 1.2m
- 1x Screws pack
Raspberry Pi Pico and CR2032 battery not included
- Power Supply: 5V via USB
- Program / Debug Port: USB
- Outline Dimensions: 216 x 79 x 25mm
- Display Size: 190 x 60mm
- LED Digit: Jade green
- Scrolling display
- Alarm/hourly ring
- Temperature in ℉ or ℃ format
- 12/24 time format
- Day of week auto adjustment
- Timekeeping without main power
- Timer configuration
- Manual/auto brightness adjustment
- Button configuration
As of 24/01/2022: we are no longer shipping this unit with a CR2032 battery to allow international shipping.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.