This CP2102 USB Board is a handy UART accessory for communicating with devices, that features the single-chip USB to UART bridge CP2102 onboard.
This version of the module includes a micro-USB connection and comes with pin headers and jumper wires. We also stock a USB-C version.
Note: the module is compatible with TTL level only, to avoid damage please do not directly connect to an RS232 circuit.
Single-Chip USB to UART Data Transfer
- No external resistors required, no external crystal required
- On-chip power-on reset circuit and voltage regulator
- Integrated 1024-Byte EEPROM
USB Function Controller
- USB Specification 2.0 compliant; full-speed (12 Mbps)
- USB suspend states supported via SUSPEND pins
- All handshaking and modem interface signals
- Data formats supported:
- Data bits: 5, 6, 7, and 8
- Stop bits: 1, 1.5, and 2
- Parity: odd, even, no parity
- Baud rates: 300 bps to 1 Mbits
- 576 Byte receive buffer; 640 byte transmit buffer
- Hardware or X-On/X-Off handshaking supported
- Event character support
Virtual COM Port Device Drivers
- Windows 8/7/Vista/Server 2003/XP/2000
- MAC OS-X/OS-9
- Linux 2.40 or higher
USBXpress Direct Driver Support
- Windows 7/Vista/Server 2003/XP/2000
- Windows CE
- –40 to +85 °C
- 1x CP2102 USB UART Board (micro-USB)
- 2x 4-pin male pin header & 4-pin female pin header
- 1x 6-pin custom connector jumper wire
- Supports Mac, Linux, Android, WinCE, Windows 7/8/8.1/...
- Voltage output support: 5V or 3.3V
- Integrated USB protection device: SP0503
- 3 LEDs: TXD LED, RXD LED, POWER LED
- Pins accessible on pin headers: TXD, RXD, RTS, CTS
- Other pins are accessible on drilled holes, easily connected to user application system (separate pinheaders are provided)
How to Use
In the case of working with a MCU:
- VCCIO: 3.3V or 5V output (the module is powered from USB, onboard jumper should be shorted to 3.3V or 5V)
- GND: connects to GND
- TXD: connects to MCU.RX (signal direction: MCU.RX << CP2102 << PC.TX)
- RXD: connects to MCU.TX (signal direction: MCU.TX >> CP2102 >> PC.RX)
- RTS: connects to MCU.CTS (signal direction: MCU.CTS << CP2102 << PC.RTS)
- CTS: connects to MCU.RTS (signal direction: MCU.RTS >> CP2102 >> PC.CTS)
Note: VCP examples and USBXpress driver program library are provided.
- 44.25mm x 20.32mm
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.