This stunning 224-page hardback book not only tells the stories of some of the seminal video games of the 1970s and 1980s, but shows you how to create your own games inspired by them using Python and Pygame Zero, following examples programmed by Raspberry Pi founder Eben Upton.
In the first of two volumes, we remake five classic video games – ranging from Pong to Sensible Soccer, each represents a different genre.
We interview the games’ original creators and learn from their example, as well as utilise the art and audio engineering skills of two of the 1980s’ most prolific games developers for our recreated versions of the games.
- Get game design tips and tricks from the masters
- Explore the code listings and find out how they work
- Download and play game examples by Eben Upton
- Learn how to code your own games with Pygame Zero
- Read interviews with expert graphics and audio creators