This board can offer your project 16 additional IO ports for your Raspberry Pi or Arduino project via an I2C connection, allowing you to expand your project further than your controller would usually allow. In fact, if you modify the I2C addresses, you can use four of these boards together to offer a whopping 64 additional IO - all via I2C!
The board uses an AW9523B GPIO controller chip mounted on a small PCB with an I2C connector (+ I2C pads) and male header pins for the IOs. An I2C connector cable is included in the package.
Examples are provided for the Raspberry Pi and Arduino, including example scripts and wiring guides.
- I2C bus - allows expanding 16 I/O ports by just using two wires
- Supports driving 16-ch common anode constant current LEDs, 256-step linear dimming, current controllable
- Output interrupt (INT) signal when changing the state of an input port
- I2C address configurable by shorting the A0/A1 jumpers
- Provides two connector options: PH2.0 header and/or solder pads, allows multi I2C modules to be stacked
- Onboard voltage translator, compatible with 3.3V/5V level
- Online development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino)
- 1x AW9523B IO Expansion Board
- 1x PH2.0 6-pin wire