The Arduino Fundamentals exam + kit bundle includes an Arduino Starter Kit and access to the certification exam.
The Arduino Starter Kit is a great way to get started with Arduino, coding and electronics! The Starter Kit includes an Arduino UNO and the components you need to make 15 fun projects following the step-by-step tutorials in the Project Book.
The Starter Kit walks you through the basics of using the Arduino in a hands-on way. You'll learn through building several creative projects.
The kit includes a selection of the most common and useful electronic components with a book of 15 projects. Starting the basics of electronics, to more complex projects, the kit will help you control the physical world with sensors and actuators.
Developed in consultation with interaction designers and electronic engineering professionals as well as in regards to leading technology curriculum, the Arduino Fundamentals Certification exam assesses skills based upon exercises comprised of practical tasks from the Arduino Starter Kit.
To obtain the certificate, you will be requested to answer 36 questions over a period of 75 minutes.
The bundle includes the Arduino Starter Kit and an activation code, which can be used to unlock 1 attempt at the Arduino Fundamentals exam.
Once the code has been redeemed, you have one year to activate the exam, otherwise the code will become invalid.
Exam Subject Areas
You will encounter questions that test your knowledge in relation to the following 8 main categories:
- Electricity. Understanding the concepts such as resistance, voltage, power and capacitance,and able to measure and calculate them.
- Reading circuits and schematics. Understanding how electronics are represented visually, and the ability to read and analyze electronic circuits.
- Arduino IDE. Understanding the functionality of the Arduino development environment, serial communication, libraries and errors.
- Arduino Boards. Understanding the constitution and capabilities of an Arduino board and the functions of its different parts.
- Frequency and Duty cycle. Understanding the concepts of Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) and frequency, and being able to calculate duty cycle.
- Electronic components. Understanding how various electronic components such as LEDs, sensors, buttons and motors work, and how to use them in a circuit.
- Programming syntax and semantics. Understanding the building blocks of the Arduino programming language such as functions, arguments, variables and loops.
- Programming logic. Ability to program various electronic components, read, analyze and troubleshoot Arduino code.
- 1x Projects Book (170 pages)
- 1x Arduino Uno
- 1x USB cable
- 1x Breadboard 400 points
- 70x Solid core jumper wires
- 1x Easy-to-assemble wooden base
- 1x 9v battery snap
- 1x Stranded jumper wires (black)
- 1x Stranded jumper wires (red)
- 6x Phototransistor
- 3x Potentiometer 10kOhms
- 10x Pushbuttons
- 1x Temperature sensor [TMP36]
- 1x Tilt sensor
- 1x alphanumeric LCD (16x2 characters)
- 1x LED (bright white)
- 1x LED (RGB)
- 8x LEDs (red)
- 8x LEDs (green)
- 8x LEDs (yellow)
- 3x LEDs (blue)
- 1x Small DC motor 6/9V
- 1x Small servo motor
- 1x Piezo capsule [PKM17EPP-4001-B0]
- 1x H-bridge motor driver [L293D]
- 1x Optocouplers [4N35]
- 2x Mosfet transistors [IRF520]
- 5x Capacitors 100uF
- 5x Diodes [1N4007]
- 3x Transparent gels (red, green, blue)
- 1x Male pins strip (40x1)
- 20x Resistors 220 Ohms
- 5x Resistors 560 Ohms
- 5x Resistors 1 kOhms
- 5x Resistors 4.7 kOhms
- 20x Resistors 10 kOhms
- 5x Resistors 1 MOhms
- 5x Resistors 10 MOhms
Projects you can make
- 01 GET TO KNOW YOUR TOOLS an introduction to the basics
- 02 SPACESHIP INTERFACE design the control panel for your starship
- 03 LOVE-O-METER measure how hot-blooded you are
- 04 COLOR MIXING LAMP produce any color with a lamp that uses light as an input
- 05 MOOD CUE clue people in to how you're doing
- 06 LIGHT THEREMIN create a musical instrument you play by waving your hands
- 07 KEYBOARD INSTRUMENT play music and make some noise with this keyboard
- 08 DIGITAL HOURGLASS a light-up hourglass that can stop you from working too much
- 09 MOTORIZED PINWHEEL a colored wheel that will make your head spin
- 10 ZOETROPE create a mechanical animation you can play forward or reverse
- 11 CRYSTAL BALL a mystical tour to answer all your tough questions
- 12 KNOCK LOCK tap out the secret code to open the door
- 13 TOUCHY-FEEL LAMP a lamp that responds to your touch
- 14 TWEAK THE ARDUINO LOGO control your personal computer from your Arduino
- 15 HACKING BUTTONS create a master control for all your devices!