Coding for kids is cool with Raspberry Pi and this elementary guide!
Even if your kids don't have an ounce of computer geek in them, they can learn to code with a Raspberry Pi and this wonderful book.
Written for 11 to 15-year-olds and assuming no prior computing knowledge, this book uses the wildly successful, low-cost, credit-card-sized Raspberry Pi computer to explain fundamental computing concepts. Young people will enjoy going through the book's nine fun projects while they learn basic programming and system administration skills, starting with the very basics of how to plug in the board and turn it on.
Each project includes a lively and informative video to reinforce the lessons. It's perfect for young, eager self-learners—your kids can jump in, set up their Raspberry Pi, and go through the lessons on their own.
Help your children have fun and learn computing skills at the same time with Adventures in Raspberry Pi.
Table of Contents
- About the Author v
- Acknowledgements vi
- Introduction 1
- Adventure 1: You Have a Raspberry Pi. Now What? 9
- Adventure 2: Taking Command of Your Raspberry Pi 27
- Adventure 3: Creating Stories and Games with Scratch 45
- Adventure 4: Programming Shapes with Turtle Graphics 77
- Adventure 5: Programming with Python 101
- Adventure 6: Programming Minecraft Worlds on the Raspberry Pi 129
- Adventure 7: Coding Music with Sonic Pi 149
- Adventure 8: Using the GPIO Pins on the Raspberry Pi 171
- Adventure 9: The Big Adventure: Building a Raspberry Pi Jukebox 197
- Appendix: Where to Go from Here 223
- Glossary 229
- Index 235
- As of February 9th, 2015 we are stocking the second edition!
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.