Couldn't get one of those Nintendo Mini Classic consoles? No problem, we've got you covered with this no-solder no-tools required kit! Video games are one of the most popular applications for the Raspberry Pi (and one of the best gifts to get over the holidays). Play NES, Sega, MAME, SNES, Atari and more!
Thanks to the easy-to-use Raspberry Pi and some clever software, you can recreate the classic arcade experience at home. Adafruit will bring the genuine “clicky” arcade controls and instructions, while you use your crafting skills to build the unit and supply your desired game files. There are a number of gaming OSes to choose from like RetroPie, PiPlay, Recalbox, and Lakka to name a few. Classic game emulation used to require a well-spec’d PC and specialized adapters for the controls, so it’s exciting to see this trickle down to a Raspberry Pi powered gaming experience. You can then use our awesome retrogame software to turn the joystick + buttons into a "keyboard" for that authentic arcade experience. Raspberry Pi 3 NOT included.
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ / Pi 2 / Pi 3 Case - Smoke Base
- Small Arcade Joystick
- Arcade Button - 30mm Translucent Clear x 6 pieces
- Arcade/Button Quick-Connect Wire Pair - Set of 10 pairs
- Premium Female/Female Jumper Wires - 20 x 12" (300mm)
- 5V 2.5A Switching Power Supply w/ 20AWG 6' MicroUSB Cable
- 16GB Card with NOOBS 3.1 for Raspberry Pi Computers including 4
Note: Fully built arcade control box not included. This kit requires either 3D printing your own enclosure or cutting one from acrylic. The case or box should be at least 50mm (2 inches) deep to accommodate the buttons and solderless connectors. Any workable material will do – even a cigar box!
Note: Display screen and Raspberry Pi 3 NOT included.
Made in collaboration with Arrow Electronics!
- As of October 5, 2018 this kit now comes with a 2.5A power supply instead of 2.4A.
- As of January 21,2021 this kit now comes with a 16GB Card with NOOBS 3.1 instead of 8 GB MicroSD Card with full PIXEL desktop NOOBS - v2.8
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.