Adafruit GEMMA Talking Toy Guts Sound Pack
Mod your stuffed toy to chirp, meow, or woof! This GEMMA parts pack makes it easy to add simple sounds to any plush toy, and especially the Sew-Your-Own Owl Kit (not included!) A tilt ball switch is used to trigger GEMMA to play a sound of your choosing (or write your own) through a small speaker, amplified by a transistor.
This product includes:
- 1x Adafruit Gemma V2
- 1x 3.7v 150mAh LiPoly Battery
- 1x Tilt Ball Switch
- 1x Adafruit Micro Lipo - USB LiIon/LiPoly charger - v1
- 1x PN2222 Transistor (for more information on the PN2222, check out our 10-pack)
- 1x Small Speaker
- 1x 220-ohm Resistor
- 24" length of solid-core wire
- Three pieces of different sized heat shrink (1/4", 1/8", and 1/16" in diameter)
This kit does not come with the plushie owl! We have a seperate kit just for that item, see below or use a stuffed toy you have around the house! You'll also need a MicroB USB cable, which you also likely have, or you can pick one up here. Some soldering is required, but its a fun weekend project and a good way to learn about basic electronic assembly. Check out the Tutorial to learn how!