Looking for a medium-sized eInk / ePaper display for your Raspberry Pi Pico that's more colourful than the standard black and white E-Ink displays? Look no further than this innovative 5.65" 7-colour eInk/ePaper display from Waveshare. It's ideal for adding a large, low-power, E-Ink display to your next Pi Pico project. Boasting a screen resolution of 600x448 pixels, the E-Ink display features seven colours using ACeP technology, including White, Orange, Yellow, Black, Red, Green, and Blue and is effortless to integrate with a Raspberry Pi Pico.
ePaper / eInk displays are designed to replicate the appearance of ink on paper. Unlike regular displays, which loose their image when power is removed, eInk screens are able to hold text and images indefinitely, even without power. ePaper screens are therefore ultra low power, designed to have a wide viewing angle, and additionally have limited reflection under sunlight. The applications are limitless!
This 5.65" E-Ink display module from Waveshare features an on-board header to connect directly to a Raspberry Pi Pico, and utilizes SPI bus for the display.
Additional resources can be found on the Waveshare Wiki.
- Advanced Color ePaper (ACeP) technology, supports 7-Color display
- No backlight, keeps displaying last content for a long time even when power down
- Ultra low power consumption, basically power is only required for refreshing
- SPI interface, requires minimal IO pins
- Onboard voltage translator, compatible with 3.3V / 5V MCUs
- Comes with development resources, manual and examples for Raspberry Pi Pico C/C++ and MicroPython
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Interface: 3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI
- Display color: ACeP 7-Colour
- Grey Scale: 2
- Resolution: 600x448 pixels
- Partial Refresh Time: N/A
- Full refresh time: <35s
- Refresh Power: 50mW (typical)
- Standby Current: <0.01uA (almost none)
- Viewing angle: >170°
- Dot Pitch: 0.1915 x 0.1915
- Display Dimensions: 114.9 × 85.8mm
- Outline Dimensions: 128.0 × 101.5mm