This is a 2-channel RS232 module for Raspberry Pi Pico which comes complete with a DB9 to 3-pin adapter cable!
The module uses a SP3232EEN Transceiver and uses the UART bus to easily convert UART to RS232 or vice versa. The baud rate is 300~912600bps. Onboard LEDs indicate the status of each pin (TXD0, RXD0, PWR, TXD1, RXD1).
No soldering is required as the module comes pre-assembled, with female headers ready to slot your Raspberry Pi Pico in to. Both terminal blocks and male pin headers are available for connecting the board.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Pico
- Uses the UART bus - converting UART to RS232 or vice versa
- Includes DB9 to 3-pin adapter cable
- Onboard indication LEDs
- Terminal blocks alongside male jumper headers - options for connectivity
- Comes with Online development resources and examples
- Operating voltage: 3.3V-5V
- RS232 Transceiver: SP3232EEN
- Communication bus: UART
- Baud rate: 300 ~ 912600bps
- 1x Pico RS232 module
- 1x DB9 to 3-pin adapter cable
Raspberry Pi Pico not included
1) SP3232 RS232 transceiver
2) Raspberry Pi Pico header
3) RS232 bus interface
- 2-channel RS232 (DB9 male connector is also available through adapter cable)
4) TVS diode
5) ESD diode
6) UART status indicators
- RXD0/TXD0: Channel 0 RX/TX indicators
- RXD1/TXD1: Channel 1 RX/TX indicators
When connecting PICO, please pay attention to the connection direction. The direction can be judged by observing the USB screen printing end of the module and the USB interface end of the Pico (also can be judged by the pin labelling on the module and the pin label of the Pico).
You can also wire it manually according to the table below:
|TX_CH0||GP0||UART transmit pin|
|RX_CH0||GP1||UART receive pin|
|TX_CH1||GP4||UART transmit pin|
|RX_CH1||GP5||UART receive pin|