This 2.9" ePaper display for the Raspberry Pi Pico includes capacitive 5-point touch, allowing you to interact with your low-power display projects without the need for peripherals or buttons!
The paper-like display is classic black/white and features a screen resolution of 296x128 pixels on the 2.9" panel. It includes an onboard header to connect directly to a Raspberry Pi Pico (male headers required) and utilizes the I2C bus for Touch and SPI bus for the display.
ePaper / eInk displays are designed to replicate the appearance of ink on paper. Unlike regular displays, which lose their image when power is removed, eInk screens are able to hold text and images indefinitely, even without power. ePaper screens are therefore ultra low power, designed to have a wide viewing angle, and additionally have limited reflection under sunlight. The applications are limitless!
Additional resources can be found on the Waveshare Wiki.
- 2.9" capacitive touch ePaper module
- 296×128 display resolution
- 5-points touch support including user-configurable wake-up gesture
- No backlight - keeps displaying last content for a long time even when powered down
- Ultra-low power consumption - power is only required for refreshing the display
- SPI / I2C interface requires minimal IO pins
- Online development resources
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Interface: 3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI
- Display colour: Black, White
- Grey Scale: 2
- Resolution: 296x128 pixels
- Touch Points: 5
- Partial Refresh Time: 0.3s
- Full refresh time: 2s
- Refresh Power: 26.4mW (typical)
- Standby Current: <0.01uA (almost none)
- Viewing angle: >170°
- Display Dimensions: 66.89 × 29.05mm
- Outline Dimensions: 89.10 × 42.7mm
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.