This Arducam module uses the same 12MP IMX477 image sensor as the official Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera, but offers a mechanical IR cut-off filter, automatically switched based on light conditions. It also comes with a 6mm lens in the box!
The official Raspberry Pi HQ camera is not sensitive to infrared and there currently isn't a NoIR version, so we decided to stock this Arducam model for the best possible night photography with your Raspberry Pi.
This HQ camera module not only offers sensitivity to infrared but also keeps a natural tone during daylight. It’s fully compatible with all Raspberry Pi models with a camera connector (the package even includes an adapter cable for the Pi Zero connector!)
Two cables are included, allowing you tu use this camera with the Raspberry pi 4/3/2 and Pi Zero.
To use this camera with a Raspberry Pi 5, you will need to buy this adapter cable!
Note: This module has no tripod mounting feature. This camera will not fit our HQ Camera mounting plates due to the white connector on the rear of the camera.
- Day/Night Camera – IR Cut filter switched in and out automatically. A NoIR camera that keeps videos and images from looking washed out pink yet still offers decent night vision
- Get Clearer Images: This camera adopts 1/2.3″ 12.3 Megapixel IMX477 sensor for sharp image, max. still resolution 4056(H) x 3040(V)
- Less Hassle: No need to look for a separate CS lens - a 1/2.3″ 6mm focal length CS lens is included!
- More Lanes*: The Arducam high-quality camera module has a 4-lane MIPI CSI-2 interface, making it possible to get more data through (see note at the bottom of the page)
- Sensor: IMX477
- Optical Format: 1/2.3″ (diagonal 7.857mm)
- Resolution: 4056(H) x 3040(V) 12.3MP
- Pixel Size: 1.55um x 1.55um
- IR Sensitivity: Visible light
- Interface: 4-lane* MIPI CSI-2
- Default Lens Mount: CS-Mount
- Frame Rate: (depends on the target platform and software*, maximum fps limit might apply) Full resolution@60fps(normal), 4K2K@60fps, 1080p@240fps Full resolution@40fps (12bit normal) Full resolution@30fps (DOL-HDR, 2 frames)
- Format: 1/2.3 inch
- Focal Length: 6mm
- Aperture (F): Max. F1.2
- Field of View (FOV): 65° (H)
- Mount: CS-Mount
- Back Focal Length: 7.53mm
- MOD: 0.2m
- Dimension: Φ30×31mm
- Weight: 53g
- Board Size: 38mm×38mm
- Hole Pitch: Compatible with 29mm, 30mm, 34mm
- 1x 12.3MP IMX477 IR-CUT camera module
- 1x 6mm focal length CS-mount camera lens
- 1x 300mm 22pin camera cable for the Raspberry Pi Zero
- 1x 300mm 15-pin to 22-pin camera cable for the Raspberry Pi 4,3,2
Raspberry Pi not included
*A Note on the IMX477 MIPI lanes
This IMX477 camera module supports 4-lanes in hardware, but the 4-lane camera driver requires extra customization. Here is why:
- Standard Raspberry Pis can’t physically support a 4-lane connection (both of them only have 2-lane CSI connectors). Only the Raspberry Pi Compute Module and some 3rd party Jetson Carrier Boards come with 4-lane hardware support. Therefore, it’s not a general need.
- Extra works, specifically camera drivers, are required for a 4-lane connection other than the 4-lane physical connector. The drivers are limited by the performances of the platform itself. For example, 4-lane can’t unlock 4k video on Raspberry Pi because the VideoCore does not currently support it.