- 1-Wire® to I2C host interface with ESD protection diode.
- Stackable with other Raspberry Pi accessory boards.
- Buffered 5V I2C port.
- External 5V power input for 1-Wire® interface.
- I2C address selection via solder jumpers.
- The 1 Wire Pi Plus from AB Electronics UK is a communication board supporting the 1-Wire® protocol designed for use on the Raspberry Pi. A 5V buffered I2C port is also provided on the board. The 1 Wire Pi Plus can be securely fitted to your Raspberry Pi using our mounting kit pack.
The 1-Wire® port on the 1 Wire Pi Plus is based around a DS2482-100 I2C to 1-Wire® bridge device. The DS2482-100 provides bi-directional protocol conversion between the I2C port on the Raspberry Pi and any attached 1-Wire® slave devices. An ESD Protection Diode is used to protect the 1 Wire Pi Plus and Raspberry Pi from electrostatic spikes on the 1-Wire® port. Connections to the 1-Wire® port can be made through the RJ-12 socket or the solder points on the PCB. We have a knowledge base article for configuring and using the 1-Wire® port on your Raspberry Pi.
The 1 Wire Pi Plus is powered through the host Raspberry Pi using the GPIO port and extended pins on the GPIO connector allow you to stack the 1 Wire Pi Plus along with other expansion boards.
A 5V input port is also provided allowing you to use an external power supply on the 1-Wire® interface, reducing the load on the Raspberry Pi. If you choose to use the external 5V input please remove the jumper on the board to isolate the Raspberry Pi 5V bus.
A detailed tutorial has been written by Jack Creasey, author of Raspberry Pi Essentials,for the setup of OWFS with the 1 Wire Pi and 1 Wire Plus boards. View the tutorial.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.