Yes, this is an adorable miniature television! The visible display measures only 2.0" diagonal, the TFT comes with a NTSC/PAL driver board. The display is very easy to use - simply connect 6-12VDC to the red and black wires, then connect a composite video source to the yellow and black wire. Voila, a television display! There's a little button to adjust the LED backlight brightness (5 levels) - there is no other adjustment available but we found that the color and contrast look great right out of the box.
To demonstrate it, we took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any analog composite-video output such as a YBox or Propeller w/Video out. It will not work with a device that only outputs VGA, HDMI or any other digital video signal.
Please note, these miniature displays are very delicate and require care to avoid ripping the delicate flex connector. These are best used by electronics geeks who have experience and are comfortable working with delicate electronic components. WE CANNOT REPLACE DAMAGED DISPLAYS if you are not careful and rip the flex connector!
- Power with 6-12VDC only into onboard buck converter
- 50mA power draw at 12V, 120mA at 5V
- Control board measures 48mm x 32mm
- Four 3mm drill holes on a 43mm x 28mm square
- Visible display dimensions: 40.672mm x 30.48mm
- Resolution: 320 x 240
- Dot Pitch: 0.0635mm wide x 0.127mm high
- Display metal case dimensions: 46.1mm x 40.96 x 2.53mm