This RetroFlag NES Cartridge Style SSD Enclosure allows you to add an SSD to your Raspberry Pi (or other compatible devices) in the coolest possible way with a huge nod to the best gaming era - the 80s!
The enclosure is completely plug n' play requiring no drivers, and has a functional power LED indicator. It's suitable for 7mm 2.5" SATA HDDs and SSDs, however due to power concerns with traditional hard disk drives, we only recommend this for SSD usage as these use a lot less current.
The enclosure offers transfer rates up to 5 Gbps (400MB~480MB/s) when connected to a USB 3.0 port* and supports UASP, TRIM and USB Booting (be sure to use a USB 3.0 port for the best possible speeds).
It's compatible with the Raspberry Pi, Windows, Android TV and HD players. It also works with the NESPi 4 Case as a spare cartridge option (the internal cartridge is the same as the NesPi 4 case cartridge)!
Assembly manual available here.
- Supports Raspberry Pi, Windows, Android TV and most HD players
- Plug and play, no drivers needed
- Functional LED power indicator
- Supports UASP
- Supports TRIM
- Supports USB Booting
- The blue LED will light up after connecting to the device
- Supports 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD (we only recommend using SSDs due to the high current draw of traditional HDDs)
- Suitable for 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD
- Design inspired by the original NES game cassette
- 1x Hard drive enclosure
- 1x SSD holder cartridge
- 1x 30cm USB cable
- Chipset: ASM1153E
- Cartridge dimensions: 135x81x32mm
- Weight: 84g
- Material: ABS+PC
- Port: USB3.0 Micro-B / USB-A
- Compatible with SSD: 2.5 inch HDD/SSD with the drive height of 7mm
- Rated voltage: 5V 1A
- Rated power: Reference hard drive
*Dependant on controlling device. USB 3.0 recommended. USB 2.0 is compatible but will offer reduced speeds)