Turn any IR remote control into an on/off power switch for your Raspberry Pi 4 Model B
The RemotePi gives you an easier, more convenient way to use your Raspberry Pi media centre, simply switching it on and off with a button of your existing IR remote, removing any need to unplug your power supply or leaving it on 24/7.
Not only that, it also allows remote control of your media centre as well via the same remote, and also includes an illuminated power switch on the board. Set power on timers, invoke power-shutdown from scripts and even set the illuminated switch brightness from software!
Tell me more!
The RemotePi board is an intelligent infrared remote controlled power switch add-on board specifically designed for the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B. It's main function it to add IR remote control and IR remote power off/on functionality to your Raspberry Pi.
The board can be used on any project, however it was designed with media centres in mind i.e LibreElec, OpenELEC, OSMC, RasPlex, Raspbian, Volumio, RetroPie, Recalbox etc. Either use an existing IR remote, or grab one of our great remotes from the store!
- Easy to install, fully assembled with no soldering or Raspberry Pi modifications required
- Use almost any remote to safely power your Raspberry Pi on and off. Power to the Raspberry Pi is completely cut off.
- Use the same remote to control the user interface of LibreElec, OpenElec, OSMC, RasPlex, Volumio, RetroPie, Recalbox etc
- In addition to the pushbutton or using a remote, you can invoke power-shutdown from script or program
- Illuminated pushbutton. Button glows red on standby and lights up when pressed
- Includes a 2 pin PH2.0 connector to power an optional 5V fan. The fan only runs when the Raspberry Pi is on.
- The power pads on the RemotePi Board PCB allow you to solder your own external power cables
- Does not occupy a USB port and has a small footprint due to the use of SMD components
- Long range infrared receiver (rated 45 meters)
- Transient overvoltage protection on board (transient voltage suppressor)
- Version with external IR-receiver and LED for case mount available
- The GPIO connector is only partly covered, this leaves pins free for other applications
- Firmware is user-upgradable!
- Power-on LED is too bright for you? Dim it! Do you want the RemotePi Board to automatically switch on the RaspberryPi after a pre-defined time? Set the power-on timer! There are many more options to customise your RemotePi Board, see the configuration tool page for details
- Comes with screw and nuts for mounting on the Raspberry Pi
- USB-C connector for power, the same as the Raspberry Pi 4B
- The RemotePi can handle much higher currents than previous RemotePi Boards, more than enough for the full 3A current provided by the official USB-C power supply.
Compatibility with previous Raspberry Pi models
- The Remote Pi for Raspberry Pi 4 can be used with the Raspberry Pi 3,3B+,3A+,2,A+, B+. The power connector on the RemotePi Board for Pi 4 is USB-C, whilst previous models use a micro-USB connection, therefore either a USB-C power supply is required, or a micro USB to USB-C adapter.
- The RemotePi Board for Pi 4 does not have a polyfuse on-board to limit the current in case of a short circuit, so you need to make sure you have a power supply that limits current. We strongly recommend the original USB-C Raspberry Pi Power Supply for the RemotePi, which features overcurrent protection.
Installation, scripts and configuration guide
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.