This is a new version of the popular pico break outboard, now with additional power filtering. The board is assembled with a uBLOX MAX-M8C-10 module, chip antenna and a decoupling capacitors.
This board has VCC, GND and RX & TX, SCL & SDA for I2C.
IMPORTANT: This module has no onboard voltage regulation so a clean regulated 1.8 - 3.6v power is required. If you want to link this to your microcontroller you must ensure it runs at 1.8 to 3.6v on the serial/I2C or you will risk damaging this module. Arduinos/PC Serial generally run at 5V so you will need a level converter.
There is no provision for battery backup (V_BCKUP is hard tied to VCC).
The MAX-8 Family
The MAX-8 family delivers all the benefits of the u-BLOX 8 GPS platform in a more compact form factor than ever before: high-sensitivity, intelligent power management.
MAX comes in an ultra-compact, easy-to-mount 9.7mm x 10.1mm LCC package, and supports temperatures down to -40'C.
- Supports temperatures down to -40'C
- UART interface.
- RTC crystal for faster warm and hot starts
- Suitable for HAB Usage Max Altitude 50,000 meters / 164041 feet in Flight Mode.
- Supply Voltage 1.8 to 3.6V
- Customer feedback on setup (thanks to David Taylor): "You need to send a command to the board to enable Galileo. You could likely do that with a binary U-BLOX string with the 3.17 version of GPSD currently included in the RPi OS. It's much easier with GPSD 3.20 which you can get a back-port onto the Buster RPi OS, but if you need to support an RPi 1B you'll have to build GPSD from scratch as the processor has differences from the 3.20 back-port".
This module is designed to be as light as possible, weight is very light at 1.5g
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.