The Raspberry Pi High-Quality Camera - M12 Mount is a new version of the original Raspberry Pi High-Quality Camera for the Raspberry Pi with modified metalwork that supports M12-mount lenses natively.
To use this camera with a Raspberry Pi 5, you will need to buy this adapter cable!
To use this camera with a Raspberry Pi Zero, you will need to buy this adapter cable!
Whereas the original High-Quality Camera is designed to natively support C-mount lenses (and CS-mount lenses via an adapter), this version has been designed specifically for M12 lenses following popular demand from both makers and industrial customers alike.
The M12 version is otherwise identical both in terms of the technical specifications and physical dimensions (apart from the front metalwork!). It maintains the same excellent 12MP Sony IMX477 sensor and 1/4” -20 tripod mount as the original.
This camera module will accept any M12 mount lens. It will not work with C/CS mount lenses!
We also stock different tripods in our camera accessories section which fit the tripod mounting point perfectly:
The M12 High-Quality Camera module from Raspberry Pi boasts a 12-megapixel resolution and a 7.9mm-diagonal sensor for impressive low-light performance.
The camera is bundled with a 200mm FPC cable for connection to your Raspberry Pi and a milled aluminium M12 lens mount with an integrated 1/4” -20 tripod mount.
A soft lens protector/cover is also included with the module and comes pre-fitted.
It’s designed to work with interchangeable M12 lenses giving you ultimate flexibility with your Raspberry Pi camera projects.
The M12 HQ Camera is compatible with all Raspberry Pi boards with a full-size camera connector (CSI connector).
To use this camera with a Raspberry Pi 5 (which has a smaller CSI connector), you will need to use a Raspberry Pi 5 camera adapter cable
- To use this camera with a Raspberry Pi Zero (which has a smaller CSI connector), you will need to use an adapter cable
In the box
- HQ Camera module - M12 Mount, with integrated tripod mount (fitted)
- Soft lens cover (fitted)
- 200mm ribbon cable (fitted)
- 3x lens locking rings (one required when using an M12 lens, the other two are spares - handy!)
- Sony IMX477R stacked, back-illuminated sensor
- 12.3 megapixels
- 7.9 mm sensor diagonal
- 1.55 μm × 1.55 μm pixel size
Output: RAW12/10/8, COMP8
Back focus: 2.6mm–11.8mm
Lens standards: M12
IR cut filter: Integrated
Ribbon cable length: 200 mm
Tripod mount: 1/4”-20
- FCC 47 CFR Part 15, Subpart B, Class B Digital Device
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU