NB-IoT (Narrow Band-Internet of Things) technology is a new IoT technical branch that supports cellular data network connection of low power consumption devices in WAN (Wide Area Network), which is also known as LPWAN. NB-IoT operates in an authorised frequency spectrum. It can be directly deployed to GSM, UMTS, LTE without any interference of current networks, while the bandwidth consumption is just about 180KHz.
This SIM7000C Arduino NB-IoT/LTE/GPRS expansion shield is a wireless communication module produced by DFRobot and the design is based on SIMCom SIM7000C.
This wireless communication module is designed for Arduino controllers, supporting multi-frequency LTE-FDD communication, dual-frequency GPRS/EDGE communication and NB-IoT communication.
The SIM7000C Arduino NB-IoT/LTE/GPRS expansion shield is the best solution for applications of low power consumption, low latency and meddle-throughput. Apart from the onboard GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System), the SIM7000C supports American GPS, Russian GLONASS, European Galileo, Japanese QZSS and Chinese BeiDou Navigation Satellite Systems. It can be widely applied to IoT applications such as long-distance control, move tracking, long-distance data uploading and shared bikes.
GSM and GPS antennas included (see images).
|Temperature GNSS||-40℃ ~ +85℃ optional|
|Supply Voltage Range(V)||3.0~ 4.3|
|Protocol||TCP/UDP/LWM2M/ COAP/MQTT/FTP/ HTTP/TLS/ DTLS/NTP|
SIM7000C Arduino NB-IoT/LTE/GPRS/GPS Expansion Shield
The SIM7000C Arduino NB-IoT/LTE/GPRS expansion shield supports both SIM card and NB-IoT card synchronously.
You can plug in a common SIM card to achieve traditional GSM applications, such as make a phone call and send messages. You can also plug in an NB-IoT card to realise NB-IoT data transmission. This expansion shield provides a BME280 environmental sensor. So it could be a good option for prototyping NB-IoT projects, monitoring temperature, humidity and pressure.
- Operating Voltage: 5V (NOTE: The module will consume a great amount of current immediately when connected to the network)
- Input Voltage: 7~12VDC (VIN range: 6~20V)
Communication Module: SIM7000
- Single-Band TDD-LTE B39
- Quad-Band FDD-LTE B1/B3/B5/B8 (SIM7000C)
- Quad-Band FDD-LTE B3/B8/B20/B28 (SIM7000E)
- GPRS/EDGE 900/1800 MHz
- Output power- GSM900: 2W- DCS1800: 1W
- Control Via AT Commands
- Operation temperature: -40℃ to +85℃
- GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Compass, Galileo, QZSS)
- Firmware update via USB 2.0
- Support SIM card and NB-IoT card
(NOTE: Please ensure the SIM frequency range been used is included in the frequency range it supports).
BME280 Environmental Sensor
- Temperature Measuring Range: -40℃~+85℃, resolution of 0.1℃, deviation of ±0.5℃
- Humidity Measuring Range: 0~100%RH, resolution of 0.1%RH, deviation of ±2%RH
- Pressure Measuring Range: 300~1100hPa
- Humidity Sampling Time: 1s
- Operating Temperature：-30℃~+85℃
- Dimension: 2.1 x 2.7inch /53.4 x 68.6mm
- 1x SIM7000C Arduino NB-IoT/LTE/GPRS expansion shield
- 1x GSM Spring Antenna
- 1x GPS Internal Antenna
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.