This is a vertical 8421 absolute position encoder with a 16-gear code (0-F). The mechanical position determines the uniqueness of each position of the encoder.
Compared to a potentiometer, it doesn’t require memory, a reference point and constant counting. Whenever you need the current position, you can easily read it with your microcontroller. In this case, the anti-interference of the encoder and the reliability of the data are greatly improved.
Due to the absolute uniqueness of each position, the anti-interference ability and no power-off memory function required, this product is widely used in many kinds of industrial systems for device status controlling.
There's also an online product wiki to help you get started. We also offer a horizontal version.
Connection Example - Arduino
- Operating Current: 150mA, 42V
- 8421 Encode: 16-gear(0-F)
- Service Life: 10000 steps
- Operating Temperature: -40~85℃
- Dimension: 19x19mm/0.75x0.75”
- Mounting Aperture: 2.0mm
- Mounting Hole Pitch: 15x15mm
- 1x 8421 Encoder - Vertical
- 2x 2.54mm 9-pin Black Single Row Pin Header
|1||8||8421 BCD code 8 port|
|2||4||8421 BCD code 4 port|
|3||2||8421 BCD code 2 port|
|4||1||8421 BCD code 1 port|
|5||C||Common Port - VCC|
|6||X||Common Port - GND|