A Kickstarter success story and now available to buy, this beginner-friendly micro:bit kit is specially designed to encourage kids to explore STEAM and learn to code.
Note: This kit does not include micro:bit board, but you can grab one here.
You can easily program the EDU:BIT using the open-source Microsoft MakeCode Editor. Just add the EDU:BIT MakeCode Extension and you’re good to go.
Great for Beginners!
New to coding? Don’t worry! This kit comes with a booklet covering 10 hands-on coding lessons and a bonus lesson, which have been creatively structured to introduce programming basics in a fun and engaging manner.
Each chapter features a classic childhood game such as Rock Paper Scissors, Snakes and Ladders, Twister and Simon Says. Follow the step-by-step guide to build the games and then have fun playing with your friends! *Game accessories are provided in this kit.
Apply your learnings
At the end of each chapter, there is a challenge which requires you to apply what you’ve learned to build a useful application for your classroom.
Give it a try and if you’re stuck, we’re always here to help you. You can go to to the Cytron Resource Hub for sample codes and extra resources.
We're passionate about eliminating the language barrier allowing as many children as possible to have access to this guide book in their mother tongue.
Thanks to volunteers all around the globe, EDU:BIT guide book is now available in the following languages (in PDF format):
- Start having fun with EDU:BIT right out of the box. Start coding right away and see your board light up and plays a melody with the press of a button. No wiring is required when used as a training kit.
- The EDU:BIT has a dedicated controller and power supply. It can support up to 3 servo motors and 2 DC motors to actuate any creative projects you want to build.
- Each feature and its associated micro:bit IO pin is clearly labelled on the board for easy reference. In addition, indicator LEDs are built-in on the EDU:BIT to ease troubleshooting for both digital and analogue IO pins.
- Ready to build your own projects? You can break off the modules on the EDU:BIT board for more flexibility in your project design. Plug-and-play cables are provided for you to connect the broken off components to the main board.
- We even provide a special space on EDU:BIT for you to write your name. Get yours today!
- 1x Piezo buzzer with audio jack
- 1x Sound sensor
- 1x Potentiometer
- 1x IR sensor
- 4x Programmable RGB LEDs
- 3x Big LEDs (traffic light module - red, yellow, green)
- 2x Pushbuttons
- 3x Ports for servo motors
- 2x Ports for DC motors
- 1x Port for I2C Interface (3.3V)
- Dimension: 157.50 mm x 124.50 mm x 19.00 mm
Note: This kit does not include a micro:bit board
- 1x EDU:BIT board
- 1x Step-by-step Guide Book
- 1x USB power and data cable
- 2x Game maps
- 2x Game accessories
- 7x Grove cables
- 1x Servo motor
- 1x DC motor
- 1x Pulley wheel
- 1x Fan blade
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.