Ameba RTL8722DM Mini Board (AMB 23) is a devkit for a different family of WiFi/BLE-integrated chipsets from RealTek. As more chip companies come out with their "All in One IoT" platforms, we like to stock a dev kit for folks who are interested in experimentation. Support for this chipset is not as complete as Espressif or Arduino boards, but it looks like an inexpensive and easy way to get started with the RTL8722 if you'd like to try it out!
This board integrates the RTL8722DM SoC which is the latest generation SoC of the Ameba IoT solution family, and it is powered by a high-performance 32-bit dual MCU with a new architecture from Arm; an Armv8M (Cortex-M33 instruction set compatible) running at up to 200MHz and an Armv8M (Cortex-M23 instruction set compatible) running at up to 20MHz.
This SoC also integrates the latest high-security architecture (Trustzone-M Security) with ultra-low power consumption suitable for IoT (Internet of Things) applications. RTL8722DM also integrates the latest wireless technologies such as dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz) and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE5) Mesh.
Ameba RTL8722DM Mini Board features rich I/O peripherals such as a high-speed SDIO and USB interface, audio codec, key-scan and touch key, LCD panel controller, embedded 4.5MB SRAM (512KB SRAM + 4MB PSRAM), and configurable GPIOs that can function as digital peripherals for various applications.
Ameba RTL8722DM development can be done on Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems. You can use Arduino IDE to develop applications on RTL8722, and many Arduino examples will run as-is.
- Onboard SD Card Slot
- Onboard 3.5mm Audio Jack / Microphone
- Ultra-low power consumption suitable for IoT applications
- Latest high-security architecture with secure boot
- Dual Arm powered CPUs for higher performance
- Fast wireless speeds with the latest wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi 5GHz and BLE5
- Rich I/O peripherals to further expand your projects
- Compatible with Arduino IDE with additional Board Support Package
Ameba RTL8722DM development can be done on Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems. You can use Arduino IDE to develop applications on RTL8722, and many Arduino examples will run as-is. or Seeed Studio tech support.
- Dimensions: 71.3mm x 78mm
- SDIO / SD Card: Needs extra hardware
- Onboard LED: Needs extra hardware
- Onboard Button: No
- SPI: x2
- I2C: x2
- PWM: x13
- GPIO: Max 54
- 32-bit Arm®Cortex®-M4, up to 200MHz
- 32-bit Arm®Cortex®-M0, up to 20MHz
- 512KB SRAM
- 4MB PSRAM
- 802.11 a/b/g/n 1x1, 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Wi-Fi simple config
- BLE 5
- Supports both central and peripheral modes
- Internal co-existence mechanism between Wi-Fi and BT to share the same antenna
- AES/DES/SHA hardware engine
- Arm TrustZone-M
- Secure boot
- Secure eFuse
- Audio DAC and headphone driver
- Audio ADC
- 1 x PCM interface
- 3 x UART interface
- 1 x I2C interface
- 7 x ADC
- 1 x SPI
- 9 x PWM
- Max 23 GPIO
- Key matrix
- Capacitive touch
- 1 x Switch button
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.