Want to take your Raspberry Pi project to the next level? This large 2-colour, low-power, 7.5-inch e-Paper E-Ink Display will definitely add a cool factor to your project that only E-Ink displays can! Not only will it look cool, but as with all E-Ink displays, your project will consume less power than it would with a typical LCD. This is a 2-colour display (black and white) and features a resolution of 880 x 528 pixels.
E-paper display utilizes microcapsule electrophoretic technology to display text and images. E-Ink displays work by applying an electrical charge to tiny coloured particles that are suspended in a clear fluid which move to different sides of a microcapsule when an electric field is applied. This causes the microcapsule to become visible by reflecting ambient light, giving it that printed paper-like feel. Another advantage of E-Ink displays is that they feature nearly up to 180° viewing angle. This display is what you would find in a typical e-reader due to its paper-like effect, and does require an external light source such as a lamp or daylight to view.
Online development resources are available, which include wiring guidance and example code, with additional information being found on the Waveshare Wiki.
- No backlight & will display on-screen content continuously, even if powered down
- Ultra-low power consumption, power is only required when refreshing the on-screen content
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO extension header, supports Raspberry Pi series boards, as well as the Jetson Nano
- SPI 3-wire and 4-wire interfaces for connecting with controller boards like Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, Arduino, STM32, etc.
- Onboard voltage converter makes this display compatible with 3.3V / 5V MCUs
- Comes with development resources as well as a user manual that includes examples for Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, Arduino, and STM32
- Operating voltage: 3.3V / 5V
- Interface: 3-Wire SPI, 4-Wire SPI
- Overall Dimensions: 170.2 x 111.2 x 1.25mm
- Display Size: 163.24 x 97.94mm
- Dot Pitch: 0.1855 x 0.1855mm
- Resolution: 880 x 528 pixels
- Display Colours: Black & White
- Grey Scale: 2
- Full Refresh Time: 5-Seconds
- Refresh Power: 50mW (typical)
- Standby Current: <0.01uA (almost none)
- Viewing Angle: >170°
- 7.5inch HD e-Paper x1
- e-Paper Driver HAT x1
- RPi screws pack (2pcs) x1
- PH2.0 20cm 8Pin x1
Onboard SPI Control Interface
For Use With other Controller Boards Like Arduino or STM32
|DIN||SPI MOSI pin|
|CLK||SPI SCK pin|
|CS||SPI chip selection, low active|
|DC||Data / Command selection (high for data, low for command)|
|RST||External reset, low active|
|BUSY||Busy status output, high active|