The Robo:Bit Mk3 Buggy is a fantastic robot buggy kit for the BBC micro:bit, and an exciting way to learn how to code.
The kit includes:
- A PCB chassis (with integrated line sensors and pen holder!)
- Ultrasonic sensor
- Battery holder
Just add a micro:bit and start building your robot! This little buggy can be assembled very quickly using only the included screwdriver. No soldering is required!
The ultimate learning kit!
Using this great kit you can learn about:
- Controlling motors with simple Forwards / Reverse controls
- Controlling the speed of motors in both directions using PWM
- Use a second BBC micro:bit with the easy-to-use radio software to control the buggy
- Use the motion sensor on the micro:bit to detect collision with obstacles and avoid them
- Detect when obstacles get close and change the program to avoid the obstacles
- "Follow-Me" program that tries to stay a certain distance from the object in front
- Use the 2 line sensors either side of the non-reflective line to detect the line and keep the buggy on track
- Write more complex programs that behave as required if you meet a T-Junction or crossing of lines
- Compare different line following strategies - create a race-track and see which strategy is fastest
- In combination with the distance sensor, make it avoid obstacles on the track and then re-acquire the line
- For assembly and programming tips, please see here
- The Robobit Makecode package supports all versions of the Robobit Buggy
- Robo:Bit Mk3 robotics controller PCB
- Battery holder PCB
- Fixings pack (motor mounts, screws, mounting pillars, caster, etc.)
- 2 x Yellow Wheels with Tyres
- 2 x Motors with pre-fitted connection wires (no soldering required)
- Screwdriver and wrench
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.