This lovely little (14.2mm) seven-segment display provides excellent segment uniformity and is highly visible up to seven meters away. It's common-cathode, ultra-bright and provides great readability even in bright ambient light!
It has four digits and a decimal point on each digit, designed for numeric output, so you can use it to add a clock, timer or counter into your next project.
These displays are multiplexed, common-cathode. What that means it that you can use a 74HC595 or just 8 microcontroller pins if you can spare them to control the 8 anodes (7-seg + decimal) at about ~15mA each, and then connect NPN transistors or a TPIC6B595 to the cathodes to sink the 8*20mA = ~120mA maximum per digit.
This is an ultra-bright RED colour.
- 14.2mm (0.56") digit height
- Color: red (630nm)
- Common cathode display
- Maximum power dissipation per segment: 66mW
- Maximum pulse peak forward current per segment (1/10th duty cycle, 0.1ms pulse width): 100mA
- Maximum forward current per segment: 20mA
- Maximum reverse voltage: 5V
- Maximum reverse current: 20µA
- Typical forward voltage: 2.1V at 20mA
- Maximum forward voltage: 2.5V at 20mA
- Operating temperature range: -30°C - +70°C
- Typical luminous intensity: 20mcd