Display, elegantly, 012345678 or 9! Gaze, hypnotized, at ABCDEFGHIJKLM - well it can display the whole alphabet. You get the point. This is a nice, bright alphanumeric display that shows letters and numbers in a beautiful red hue. It's super bright and designed for viewing from distances up to 23 feet (7 meters) away. Digits have seven red segments on a black surface and we give you a set of two alphanumeric displays as well as a driver board so you can make a clock or a four letter word.
Like our other LED backpacks, these are end-to-end stackable and by soldering the address jumpers on the back you can have up to 8 backpacks all sharing the same two I2C wires!
This product comes with:
A bit of soldering is required to attach the matrix onto the backpack but its very easy to do and only takes about 5 minutes. Of course, in classic Adafruit fashion, we also have a detailed tutorial showing you how to solder, wire and control the display. If you've been eying alphanumeric displays but hesitated because of the complexity, this is the solution you've been looking for!
Click here for the version that's just the alphanumeric displays! (no backpack)
Alphanumeric Display Dimensions:
- 21mm x 25mm x 7mm / 0.8" x 1" x 0.3"
- Height w/ Pins: 14mm / 0.6"
- Weight: 4.7g
- 28mm x 51mm x 4mm / 1.1" x 2" x 0.2"
- Weight: 5.5g
Pre-Orders! Here's how it works:
- You place your order as usual, all pre-order products are clearly marked as such
- We then import the stock you have requested in our next supplier shipment (Currently every Wednesday)
- As soon as the stock arrives in our warehouse, we will ship your full order to you (usually within 7-10 working days, but this can be longer!)
Item Specific Notes:
- The Official Raspberry Pi Beginner's Book - With Raspberry Pi Zero! - Stock is in, we're just waiting for some packaging! Expected to ship 12th Dec 2017
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.