A Feather board without ambition is a Feather board without FeatherWings! This is the Adalogger FeatherWing: it adds both a battery-backed Real Time Clock and micro SD card storage to any Feather main board. Using our Feather Stacking Headers or Feather Female Headers you can connect a FeatherWing on top of your Feather board and let the board take flight!
This FeatherWing will make it real easy to add datalogging to any of our existing Feathers. You get both an I2C real time clock (PCF8523) with 32KHz crystal and battery backup, and a microSD socket that connects to the SPI port pins (+ extra pin for CS). Tested and works great with all of our Feathers.
Does not come with a micro SD card. A CR1220 coin cell is required to use the RTC battery-backup capabilities! We don't include one by default, to make shipping easier for those abroad, but we do stock them so pick one up or use any CR1220 you have handy. If you're not using the RTC part of the FeatherWing, a battery is not required.If you need a precision RTC, check out our DS3231 FeatherWing
For pinouts, wiring and code example that will run on all Feathers, check out the tutorial guide which we keep updated as new Feathers come out. It has more information including diagrams, example code for both Arduino and CircuitPython, pinouts, and more!
- 50.8mm x 22.9mm x 1.6mm / 2" x 0.9" x 0.06"
- Weight: 5.1g
- Datasheets, EagleCAD PCB files, Fritzing objects, and more available in the tutorial
- As of June 6, 2017 we now ship a version with a slightly different power supply setup that reduces RTC brownouts. It is otherwise code and hardware compatible
Pre-Orders! Here's how it works:
- You place your order as usual, all pre-order products are clearly marked as such
- We then import the stock you have requested in our next supplier shipment (Currently every Wednesday)
- As soon as the stock arrives in our warehouse, we will ship your full order to you (usually within 7-10 working days, but this can be longer!)
Item Specific Notes:
- The Official Raspberry Pi Beginner's Book - With Raspberry Pi Zero! - Stock is in, we're just waiting for some packaging! Expected to ship 12th Dec 2017
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.