TinyShield Accelerometer Board
This TinyShield features the high performance and low power Bosch BMA250 3-axis accelerometer. The BMA250 allows measurement of accelerations in three perpendicular axes and thus senses tilt, motion, shock, and vibration in your projects. There is also an integrated temperature sensor built in.
Even though the BMA250 is designed to run at 1.8V – the Accelerometer TinyShield incorporates level shifters and a local power supply to ensure proper and safe operation over the entire TinyDuino operating voltage range up to 5V.
You can also use this shield without the TinyDuino – there are 0.1? spaced holes for power, ground, and the two I2C signals along the side of the TinyShield to allow you to connect a different system.
To learn more about the TinyDuino Platform, click here.
Bosch BMA250 Accelerometer Specs
- 3-axis (X, Y & Z)
- Digital resolution: 10bit
- Resolution: 3.9mg
- Measurement ranges: +-2g, +-4g, +-8g, +-16g
- Sensitivity: 2g: 256LSB/g, 4g: 128LSB/g, 8g: 64LSB/g, 16g: 32LSB/g
- Zero-g offset (over lifetime): +-80mg
- Bandwidths: 1000Hz… 8Hz
- Low Power: 139uA @2kHz data rate
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- Current: 139uA (Normal Mode). Due to the low current, this board can be run using the TinyDuino coin cell option
- A5/SCL - I2C Serial Clock line
- A4/SDA - I2C Serial Data line
- 20mm x 20mm (.787 inches x .787 inches)
- Max Height (from lower bottom TinyShield Connector to upper top TinyShield Connector): 5.11mm (0.201 inches)
- Weight: 1 gram (.04 ounces)