Raspberry Pi YouTube Workshop Kit
We've teamed up with BuyaPi.ca to create this fantastic YouTube Workshop Kit for the Raspberry Pi! We've created a series of 10 step by step tutorials videos, which will take you from creating your very first program and wiring in LEDs, buttons and buzzers, to more complex component coding with a digital thermometer, light dependent resistor and motion sensor. All YouTube videos feature easy to follow instructions, and come complete with downloadable supporting material, including wiring diagrams, tutorial sheets and code (everything is featured below)!
To compliment the YouTube series, we've put together the YouTube workshop kit which includes all the components necessary to follow the 10 video guides from start to finish! The kit consists of basic prototyping components such as a breadboard and jumper wires, and includes a range of components including LEDs, resistors, capacitors, a button and buzzer, a thermistor, photoresistor and PIR sensor. Together, the kit and supporting material will take any Raspberry Pi enthusiast from novice to pro in 10 simple steps!
Perfect for beginners, pros, educators, or anyone interested in experimenting with electronics and the Raspberry Pi. Each video builds upon the last, and gradually constructs a large circuit out of all the parts. This demonstrates how to wire in multiple components at the same time, saves having to re-wire each project individually, and means you can go as fast or slow with the workshop as you want!
If you've got any questions, have any suggestions or alterations regarding the vid's, kit or code, or have any ideas for another series of videos, please get in touch!
Each Raspberry Pi YouTube Workshop Kit Includes:
- 1 x Transparent Half-Size Breadboard
- 15 x Male to Female Jumper Wires
- 5 x Male to Male Jumper Wires
- 1 x Ultra Bright 5mm Red LED
- 1 x Ultra Bright 5mm Blue LED
- 2 x 330? Resistor
- 2 x 4.7k? Resistor
- 1 x 1µF Capacitor
- 1 x PCB Mount Push Button
- 1 x PCB Mount Buzzer
- 1 x DS18B20+ Programmable Resolution 1-Wire Digital Thermometer
- 1 x Light Dependent Resistor
- 1 x HC-SR501 PIR Motion Sensor
- This kit does NOT include a Raspberry Pi
YouTube Workshop Tutorials
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (1/9) - Hello World
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (2/9) - LED On & Off
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (3/9) - LED Blink
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (4/9) - Push Button
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (5/9) - User Inputs
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (6/9) - SOS Buzzer
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (7/9) - Temperature Sensor
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (8/9) - Light Dependent Resistor
- Raspberry Pi - GPIO & Python (9/9) - Passive Infrared Sensor