The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ is a compact yet powerful Raspberry Pi, part of the Raspberry Pi 3 range of boards.
Just like the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, it boasts a 64-bit quad-core processor running at 1.4 GHz, dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless LAN, and Bluetooth 4.2/BLE - but weighs in at just weighing in at just 29g with a tiny 65mm x 52.5mm footprint.
The dual-band wireless LAN comes with modular compliance certification, allowing the board to be designed into end products with significantly reduced wireless LAN compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
The Raspberry Pi 3A+ has a single USB port to keep the overall size (and cost) of the board down, so if you plan to use a keyboard and mouse, consider the Official Raspberry Pi Keyboard & Mouse combo (with built-in hub requiring just one USB port) or our Super Compact Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Set with single USB receiver!
Also, don't forget to grab a compatible Micro-USB power supply!
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53
- 64-bit SoC @ 1.4 GHz
- 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz IEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.2/BLE
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Video & sound:
- 1 × full-size HDMI
- MIPI DSI display port
- MIPI CSI camera port
- 4 pole stereo output and composite video port
- H.264, MPEG-4 decode (1080p30);
- H.264 encode (1080p30);
- OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 graphics
- SD card support:
- Micro SD format for loading operating system and data storage
- Input power:
- 5 V/2.5 A DC via micro USB connector
- 5 V DC via GPIO header
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ product brief
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ mechanical drawing
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ schematic diagrams
- More detailed information on Raspberry Pi hardware
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ has the same mechanical footprint as the older Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+. Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ will remain in production until at least January 2026.