Raspberry Pi 1 Module A+
Deliveryfrom just £2.50
No Quibblereturns policy
Next Day DeliveryOrder by 2PM*
The Raspberry Pi Model A+ is a tiny computer board that's up and running when a keyboard, mouse, display, PSU and MicroSD card with installed OS are added.It is the low-cost variant of the Raspberry Pi. It was released to replace the original Model A in November 2014. Comparing with Model A it has below features:
- More GPIO. The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model A and B.
- Micro SD. The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption. By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio. The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Smaller, neater form factor. We’ve aligned the USB connector with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes. Model A+ is approximately 2cm shorter than the Model A.
- Broadcom BCM2835 700MHz ARM1176JZFS processor with FPU and VideoCore IV dual-core GPU
- GPU provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- GPU is capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- 256MB SDRAM
- HD 1080p video output
- Composite video (PAL/NTSC) output
- Stereo audio output
- HDMI 1.3 & 1.4 video/audio socket
- 3.5mm 4-pole audio/composite video out jack socket
- 1 x USB 2.0 socket
- 15-way MPI CSI-2 connector for Raspberry Pi HD video camera (775-7731)
- 15-way Display Serial Interface connector
- MicroSD card socket
- Boots from MicroSD card, running a version of the Linux operating system (See Note below)
- 40-pin header for GPIO and serial buses (compatible with Raspberry Pi Model A 26-pin header)
- Header footprint for JTAG connector
- Power supply: +5V @ 2A via microUSB socket
- Dimensions: 66 x 56 x 14mm