THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED
The PiCoolFan is an Advanced Cooling Fan System for the Raspberry Pi, that offers total temperature control and includes a Real Time Clock! The PiCoolFan is suitable for all Raspberry Pi users whose board reaches a high temperature, for whatever reason. There is no need for any additional cabling or Power Supply, as the PiCoolFan is powered via the GPIO pins; just insert the PiCoolFan controller on top of the P1 connector of your Raspberry Pi. The PiCoolFan is equipped with an embedded temperature measurement system that continuously checks the Raspberry Pi PCB temperature with a dedicated sensor and, according to the measured temperature, the PiCoolFan micro controller starts, stops, or regulates the rotational speed of the embedded micro-fan.
Thanks to the Air Distribution Plate, the PiCoolFan cools not only the microprocessor on the Raspberry Pi board but all the heat-generating devices, as well as the whole Raspberry Pi PCB. The embedded microcontroller is easily accessible by the user through the I2Cinterface and allows reading of the measured temperature, setting of temperature threshold, as well as starting/stopping the embedded micro fan. In addition the PiCoolFan offers on the same PCB a battery backed Real Time Clock and Real Time Powering Voltage Monitoring.
The PiCoolFan Features:
- Powered from the P1 connector of the Raspberry Pi GPIO Pins
- PWM FAN speed regulation
- Plug and Play
- 3 LED based information system (Red - hot, Blue - cold, Flashing Green – powering status)
- Full control over the system via I2C interface (The PiCO Interface):
- Unconditional Fan ON/OFF
- PWM FAN speed regulation
- Temperature threshold set/get
- Current System Temperature read
- Supports Celsius and Fahrenheit scale
- Real Time powering voltage monitoring with programmable threshold:
- Flashes continuously Green if power is within thresholds
- Flashes fast if power is higher than threshold
- Flashes slow if power is lower than threshold
- Can be used inside of the most of already existing cases
- Embedded RTC (Battery Not Included)
- Fully assembled & tested PiCoolFan module (PCB)
- Air Distribution plate
- Micro Fan and cable
- Set of 2 pcs of tree clips required for Fan mounting onto Air Distribution Plate
- Set of 5 pcs of Rubber spacers required for the Air distribution mounting
The PiCoolFan is very low profile, so will fit most cases, and has been successfully tested for fitment in the ModMyPi and Cyntech cases. They do not fit into the PiBow Raspberry Pi cases without modification.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.