Picon Zero - Intelligent Robotics Controller for Raspberry Pi
Picon Zero is an Intelligent robotics controller for your Raspberry Pi based mobile robot. A built-in processor handles all the direct communication with your input and output devices, leaving you to worry about the overall control with your Raspberry Pi program.
- I2C interface, leaving all GPIO pins free for your own use*
- 2 full H-Bridge motor drivers with full forward/reverse and speed control. Up to 1.5A continuous per channel (2A peak)
- 6 general purpose output channels (5V) that can be set as: Digital, PWM, Servo, WS2812( aka neopixels)
- 4 general purpose inputs (5V) that can be Digital, Analog, DS18B20 (digital temperature sensor)
- All inputs and outputs use 3-pin GVS connectors (Ground, Volts, Signal) - allowing 3-pin sensors, servos, etc. to plug straight in
- Dedicated socket for HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor. Plug it straight in, or use jumper wires to mount it further away
- 5 GPIO signals, 5V, 3V and Ground brought out to a header
- Power for outputs can be from Raspberry Pi's 5V or from an external USB input line
- Power for motors can be from internal/external 5V, or from a separate power source (3V to 11V)
- Both motor terminals have 2-pin screw connectors AND 2-pin male headers to allow maximum flexibility in connecting
- Python library module making it super-easy to use any of the features
This controller board is supplied fully assembled. No soldering is required.
See the Blog entry for more information, software and examples
* The Ultrasonic interface uses one GPIO pin, but can still be used as general purpose pin if the Ultrasonic sensor is not fitted.
* 5 of the GPIO pins are available on a female header. To access the others you will need to attach directly to the GPIO pins