Pi-Top - Raspberry Pi Laptop - Grey
Please Note. Tighter shipping regulations introduced in 2017 relating to the shipping of battery products means this item can only be shipped in quantities of up to 2 units via Royal Mail Air services, or up to 4 units via DHL air services. There are no quantity limits to the UK and certain EU destinations via DHL ground services - your shipping options will reflect this. For a full list of available Lithium Battery shipping destinations please click here.
Pi-Top is the Raspberry Pi laptop you build yourself! It's the perfect product to affordably and interactively learn about software and hardware on the Raspberry Pi!
The pi-top features:
- An all-in-one Raspberry Pi powered laptop with 10+ hours of battery life
- Fun build-it-yourself laptop (comes with easy image-based manual)
- Fully equipped with a keyboard, trackpad, screen, battery, charger and an 8GB SD card pre-formatted with our unique OS based on Jessie.
- 13.3” inch HD LCD screen and 262K colours (wide range of viewing angles)
- Practical and functional design with easy access to the Raspberry Pi in front via slidable acrylic slice.
- Free educational (MMORP) game included - CEED Universe
- Works with Raspberry Pi B+/2 & 3.
- Designed for ages 8+
Pi-Top Kit Contents
- 13.3” HD TFT LCD screen
- Pi-Top Laptop Chassis
- Pi-Top Hub
- Integrated Smart Battery
- Integrated Laptop Keyboard & Trackpad
- 5V 3A Power Brick (UK Plug)
- 8GB Pre-Loaded SD Card
- Please Note. Raspberry Pi is is NOT included.
Pi-Top is shipped with a revolutionary learning platform to expand your computer science knowledge. Our massive multiplayer online role-playing game CEED Universe takes you through a world of fantasy grounded in computing reality. Each Pi-Top comes with an 8GB Class 10 SD card pre-loaded with Pi-Top OS, a customised 'flavour' of Raspbian Jessie (the Raspberry Pi Foundation's official supported operating system). Connects to integrated cloud-based Pi-Top services allowing users to connect to their files and settings from any Pi-Top
Pi-Top OS Directly interfaces with Pi-Top hardware for tasks such as:
- Battery life monitoring
- Screen brightness control
- Connecting to the internet in minutes
- Safe shutdown via power button
- Transferable unique user ID for easy data transfer
- Automatic cloud back-ups
- 3D Slash software for click ‘n’ create 3D printing
- CEED Universe Features:
- An enhanced learning platform for teaching computing through an approachable and gamified multi-layered learning portal. Learn how to build hardware, circuits, and code.
- Teaches users practical computing and hardware skills
- Free with all Pi-Top kits
- Shaped around the UK IT curriculum (in over 40+ schools)
- Ages 8+
- Learn how to Code in a gamified environment
- Build circuits
- Make hardware (and apply it into our software)
- 13.3” HD TFT LCD screen
- 1366 x 768 resolution
- eDP 1.2 interface
- 262K colours
- 3W power consumption
- Power Management
- Battery Connection
- Screen Driver
- PCB Rail Circuitry
- Smart Battery:
- 10 hour run time
- Two-wire SMBus 2.0 Interface
- Advanced charge algorithms:
- JEITA recommended profiles with variable current
- Active cell balancing for extended lifetime
- Vast array of protection features: over-voltage, over-current, over-temperature, short-circuit and more.
- Injection moulded ABS
- Available in Grey or Green
- Keyboard: UK QWERTY
- Trackpad: Right-aligned, Both Tap-To-Click and physical mouse buttons, 65mm x 49mm
- Acrylic slice allows easy access to internal hardware - black laser etched surface easy to customise to school emblem or just for fun.
- Rubberised anti-slip surface contact points
- Product dimensions: 341mm x 209mm (WxD), Front thickness: 10mm, Rear thickness: 47mm
- Peripherals Included
- 8GB Class 10 SD card preloaded with Pi-Top OS
- 18V, 3A brick-type power supply - available (UK plug)
- Tool kit for assembly
- HDMI Cable
- Micro USB Cable
- GPIO Breakout Cable
- Power Control Cable
- Keyboard USB Cable