Pi Crust - GPIO Plug In Board
Pi Crust is a GPIO breakout board for the Raspberry Pi that makes it easier to connect electronics! The Pi Crust divides the GPIO pins into multiple, easy-to-plug header connectors including the I2C, SPI and UART interfaces.
Please note, this kit does require simple soldering to assemble.
The Pi Crust Features:
- Really compact - sits inside the surface area of the Raspberry Pi and adds less than 2mm to the height. If you have a case for your Raspberry Pi, this board should fit inside it.
- Pins are grouped together: GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART and power.
- Every pin is clearly labelled.
- Connections: 2 x SPI, 2 x I2C, 1 x UART, 8 x GPIO
- Uses female headers instead of male headers - you can poke jumpers right in.
- Lots of GND and 5V pins - you need those guys a lot. These pins are duplicated where it makes sense (e.g. within the UART, I2C and SPI groups).
- All thru-hole components - you can solder it yourself.
- Open source hardware.