The original NanoSound DAC is one of the most successful Pi Audio Products launched via Kickstarter, with 274 very satisfied backers and delivered on time.
NanoSound DAC is a Raspberry Pi Add-on Board with HIFI DAC, LDO Voltage Regulator, OLED Display, Power Switch, Control Buttons and Infrared Remote.
It was rated a full 5 out of 5 rated by Official Pi Magazine and dramatically improves the audio quality of your Raspberry Pi.
NanoSound DAC2 has kept all the benefits of NanoSound DAC and made improvements in all areas.
With i2S audio interface, Raspberry Pi and NanoSound DAC 2 gives you the best bang for buck audio experience. A Headphone + Speaker Amp Add-on is also available to provide a fully integrated all-in-one audio experience.
What's more, we have developed our well received NanoSound CD upsampling & extraction plugin, which perfectly accompany NanoSound DAC 2
ALL-IN-ONE RASPBERRY PI AUDIO SOLUTION
NanoSound DAC 2 provides essential functionalities including Media Control Buttons, Display (*), Remote control and Pi Power Switch, all in one package. This convenience give you a true consumer electronics experience, while keeping the full customisation and flexibility of Raspberry Pi. Complementary open source drivers were provider for Kodi and Volumio for most convenience user experience.
(*) DAC 2 Basic comes without a screen but is upgradable.
- Texas Instruments PCM5122 - 192kHz Sampling Rate / 24bit Resolution Burr-Brown DAC for best sound quality
- 2 x Precised Crystal acting as master clock for lower jitter and better DSD performance
- Improved and wider sound signal paths
- Texas Instruments TPS7A4700 Ultra Low Noise Voltage Regulator
- Switchable Power Option with auto-switching
- Power from a single microUSB port or independently
- Infrared Receiver and Remote Control
- Raspberry Pi Power switch - Turn on and gracefully shut down Raspberry Pi System
- 4 GPIO buttons and 1 Digital Rotary Knob for Media Control
- Hi-Fi Audio Grade electronics components. Capacitors from EVOX RIFA, WIMA and ELNA
- Full open source and available from github allows anyone to take control of the software
- Works with all Raspberry Pi with 40pin GPIO connector including Pi 3 B, Pi 3 B+ and Pi 4
- Choice of different displays with multi-language support.
- Basic: No Display but upgradable
- Standard: 1.3" OLED display
- Pro: 1.5" OLED Colour Display
NanoSound DAC 2 - Sound Quality Improvements
- 2 x Precise crystal acting as master clock for lower gitter and better DSD performance.
- They provides very accurate timing for 44.1khz and 48khz respectively, resulting in less jitter and better sound quality. It also let the Raspberry Pi to do less work by not requiring it to generate clock signal, hence less heat and better playback performance for CPU intensive playback like DSD.
- Improved and wider sound signal paths
- Critical electronics component uses top audio grade capacitors by ELNA, WIMA, EVOX instead of much smaller and cheaper surface mount counterparts
NanoSound DAC 2 - Convenience Improvements
- Digital knob style volume control for maximum accuracy
- Reusable accessories such as NanoSound Amp^2
- Choice of 1.5" OLED Colour Display to display album artwork
- Dual power input is now autoswitching instead of using a manual toggle switch
NanoSound is fully customizable and programmable! we take full advantage of the Raspberry Pi’s open architecture.
- The 4 buttons and one rotary are simple GPIO buttons
- The IR receiver and control is LIRC compatible. Lircd.conf will be provided to read button input.
- The 1.3" and 1.5" colour OLED display is using i2c. The volumio plug-in is open source in our github.
- The onboard on/off switch uses the same design and software as our Nanomesher Hackable Raspberry Pi Power Switch. It has an attiny85 onboard and is open sourced.
Installation is a breeze. We have many options including ready to run downloadable image, installation via plug of a button or via command.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.