Learning Computer Architecture with Raspberry Pi
Use your Raspberry Pi to get smart about computing fundamentals
In the 1980s, the tech revolution was kickstarted by a flood of relatively inexpensive, highly programmable computers like the Commodore. Now, a second revolution in computing is beginning with the Raspberry Pi. Learning Computer Architecture with the Raspberry Pi is the premier guide to understanding the components of the most exciting tech product available. Thanks to this book, every Raspberry Pi owner can understand how the computer works and how to access all of its hardware and software capabilities.
Now, students, hackers, and casual users alike can discover how computers work with Learning Computer Architecture with the Raspberry Pi. This book explains what each and every hardware component does, how they relate to one another, and how they correspond to the components of other computing systems. You?ll also learn how programming works and how the operating system relates to the Raspberry Pi?s physical components.
The Raspberry Pi was created to bring forth a new generation of computer scientists, developers, and architects who understand the inner workings of the computers that have become essential to our daily lives. Learning Computer Architecture with the Raspberry Pi is your gateway to the world of computer system design.
Co–authored by Eben Upton, one of the creators of the Raspberry Pi, this is a companion volume to the Raspberry Pi User Guide
- Learn the purpose behind each piece of the Pi
- Understand how the various components interact
- Dig into the thought process behind the system?s design
- Learn how programming works
- Examine the interplay between hardware and operating system
- Delve into the mechanics behind the ARM chip
- Compare and contrast different chips, from ARM to Intel
- An affordable solution for learning about computer system design considerations and experimenting with low–level programming
- Understandable descriptions of the functions of memory storage, Ethernet, cameras, processors, and more
- Gain knowledge of computer design and operation in general by exploring the basic structure of the Raspberry Pi
Eben Upton is one of the co–creators of the Raspberry Pi, driven by the desire to create a new generation of developers capable of making an effective contribution to the field. Eben is also a co–author of the Raspberry Pi User Guide.
Jeff Dunteman is a veteran tech author and a co–founder of Coriolis Press. His previous publications include Assembly Language Step By Step and Jeff Dunteman?s Wi–Fi Guide.