This is the popular HC-05 Bluetooth Serial Transceiver module which can be configured as master or slave Bluetooth device.
We also stock the HC-06 module. The difference? The HC-06 can't be configured as a Master Bluetooth device.
The master Bluetooth device will be able to search for other Bluetooth devices and initiate a connection. The slave Bluetooth cannot search for other Bluetooth devices and must wait for the master device to initiate and accept the connection.
It's very easy to add wireless serial connectivity for your device with this module because it comes with UART interface. Example code for the Arduino and other boards are widely published on the internet.
Once it is paired with other Bluetooth devices it works like normal UART to exchange data.
This module has a built-in 3.3V voltage regulator and helps to break out the important pins (STATE, RXD, TXD, GND, VCC and EN). The module is based on the CSR BC4 chip, Bluetooth V2.0 + EDR. It is default loaded with SPP (Serial Port Profile) which becomes UART when it is connected via Bluetooth link. You'll also find a push button on the module to set it into AT mode.
Note: Breadboard not included
- Based on CSR BC04 Bluetooth technology
- Built-in 2.4GHz PCB antenna
- Bluetooth class 2 power
- Range test: up to 10 meters (local conditions can cause this to vary or reduce)
- Operating voltage: 3.3V - 6V DC
- Operating current in pairing is in the range of 30~40mA
- Operating current in communication is 8mA
- Interface via UART:
- Default baud rate in Normal mode: 9600 bps
- Default baud rate in AT Command mode: 38400 bps
- Operating temperature range: -25 °C - +75°C
- Dimensions 27mm×13mm×2.2mm