Pssst... Want to win a Pi-Top Raspberry Pi Laptop?
Freematics OBD-II Emulator - with J1850
Freematics OBD-II Emulator MK2 is world’s smallest OBD-II emulator with KWP2000, ISO9141 and CAN bus simulation. It provides an 16-pin female OBD-II port which is identical to that of a real car and responds to requests for standard OBD-II PIDs from plugged-in OBD-II compliant device. It emulates up to 6 active vehicle diagnostic trouble code (DTC) as if a real car has when encountering a component malfunction or fault. Request for VIN is also responded and the VIN can be altered.
The emulator connects to PC via USB cable and is operated via an easy-to-use software GUI. Secondary development is possible with serial TTL connector available for connection of interaction with Arduino or other embedded system with source of data (e.g. sensors).
Freematics OBD-II Emulator is practically useful and cost effective for OBD-II related application development on desk. Once extended with external data source, it can even be used to provide an OBD-II port for vehicles that don’t have a real one and thus existing OBD-II device/software can also work with the vehicle.
The emulator is controlled by GUI software via USB interface. The BLE enabled version provides additional wireless control by iOS device (iPad/iPhone) with our Freematics Emulator App.
- Emulating standard 16-pin OBD-II port
- Simulating vehicle data bus (CAN, KWP2000, ISO9141-2)
- Responding to all OBD-II PIDs polls
- Responding to DTC and VIN requests
- Providing both power and emulated data for OBD-II compliant devices
- Adjusting values of all OBD-II PIDs
- Setting diagnostic trouble code (DTC)
- Changing vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Switching between supported protocols
- USB and TTL serial controlling interfaces (controlled by PC or micro-controller/Arduino)
- Firmware upgradable
- Embedded BLE for wireless control via iOS App
- CAN 500Kbps/11bit
- CAN 250Kbps/11bit
- CAN 500Kbps/29bit
- CAN 250Kbps/29bit
- KWP2000 Fast
- KWP2000 5Kbps
- OBD-II Port: 16-pin female
- Power Input: DC 12V
- 6-pin XH-2.54 socket (Tx/Rx/GND/3.3V/5V/12V)
- Support USB port