Flick! Large - 3D Gesture Sensor Panel [Discontinued]
Swipe, tap or flick your wrist to control your Raspberry Pi with your brand new Flick Panel. Flick Large is a 3D tracking and gesture board that lets you control the Raspberry Pi computer as if by magic!
Flick Large is an extra large sized panel (148mm x 105mm) which connects via the i2c interface to the Raspberry Pi (or other devices) using included jumper wires.
Flick uses technology that enables the PCB to detect your gestures from up to 15cm away in 3D space. Draw a circle with your hand - Flick will track it. Touch, swipe, tap, double tap - Flick will track it. Flip, flap, flop, flick, left, right, up, down - Flick will track it!
Integrate Flick into your Raspberry Pi project to give you multiple ways of controlling it. Using near field gesture technology, you’re able to hide your project behind non conductive material (wood/acrylic) and still use Flick. Please Note. Mounting behind materials may reduce the sensor range.
Plug and play functionality allows you to get up and running within minutes. Use our software libraries to fully explore what you can do with Flick. Control your computer, TV, music system and more all with a Flick of the wrist!
- Extra Large Flick Panel (148mm x 105) with i2c interface header (Jumper Wires Included)
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+, B+, 2B, 3B, Zero, Zero W & other i2c devices Inc. BeagleBone, Arduino, Genuino etc.
- 3D tracking - Gesture sensing up to 15cm using near field gesture technology
- Track positional data (x,y,z)
- Gesture sensing: Touch, Tap, Double Tap, Flick, Swipe etc.
- Communicates with the Raspberry Pi via I2C
- Full software libraries (One line installer & fully opensource)
- No soldering required (Plug & Play!)
- FPC interface for other devices (FPC cable not included)
- Dimensions: 14.8 cm x 10.4cm x 0.5cm
- Level shifting chip to enable board to work with 3V3 or 5V0 power and logic
- Orange/green dual colour LED on board
- Kit Contents
- 1 Flick Large
- 1 Jumper cable female to female
- 1 Jumper cable female to male
- 3 Stickers
- 2 Info cards
- Chip: MGC3130 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller
- Detection range: 0 to 15 cm in ideal circumstances
- Temperature Range: -20? to +85?
- Position Rate: 200 positions/sec
- Spatial Resolution: up to 150 dpi
- Proximity and Touch Sensing
- Flick Large has a red/green dual colour LED that can be driven using pins LED1 and LED2
- Flick Large has level shifting on board so can work with any microcontroller with either 5V or 3V3 power and data signals
- Compatible with the Hillstar Development Kit over USB on PC in order to use with a computer or to program new firmware onto the board.
- Available gestures: Swipe (east to west, west to east, north to south, south to north), tap and double tap (center, east, west, north, south) and airwheel (clockwise, anti-clockwise)
- Works even through the Flick Large case
- No detection blind spots
- Low–power design
- CE & FCC Compliant
Software & Setup
- Software for the Flick boards is available here on GitHub