Dexter - PivotPi Base Kit
The PivotPi Base Kit is perfect for getting started with animated robot projects on your Raspberry Pi! Code anything in your world to move with 4 small servo motors and 2 large, powerful ones. This is a kit that includes the PivotPi board, battery pack, 2 large servo motors and 4 small servo motors. Now you can program your robotics, automation, and art projects to move! Please Note. Raspberry Pi NOT Included.
Visit our PivotPi Product Tutorials & Documentation page for step-by-step tutorials, technical specs, detailed product pictures, and sample code libraries.
- PivotPi Board
- Battery pack and cable
- 2 large servo motors
- 4 small servo motors
- plastic servo hardware accessories to attach your project to and make it move
What’s not included but required?
- Power Supply
- Ethernet Cable
- Raspberry Pi (we recommend the 3, but any version will work)
- microSD Card with Dexter Industries “Raspbian for Robots” software
- Mini Wi-Fi Dongle
- Computer, or a monitor, mouse, & keyboard for programming
- Batteries: PivotPi requires 4 AA batteries, which are not included.
Check out the PivotPi Starter Kit if you want the Raspberry Pi and everything you need to get started.
- Servos connect to the PivotPi.
- The PivotPi works with all versions of the Raspberry Pi
- Software examples and API are provided by Dexter Industries (open-source repository on Github)
- Each PivotPi board can control up to 8 servos.
- PivotPi boards can be daisy-chained together and connected to our other robots including the GoPiGo & GrovePi (through the Grove ports).
- You can program the PivotPi in Python, Scratch, and other languages.