CheapDuino is the most affordable Arduino compatible processor in the world. The price for each cheapDuino is almost 1/5 price of the Arduino UNO.It's aimed to supply an extremely low cost solution for any disposable projects, such as DIY projects, workshop, gifts projects, E-Textiles and education. For those students from second or third world countries who can not afford the official Arduino, cheapduino opens the door to the physical world.
The cheapDuino integrates a ATmega8 microcontroller as Arduino NG. So it's available to program it directly with Arduino IDE via the FTDI programmer or USB Serial Light Adapter. The cheapDuino is powerful in compact size, which is only 2cm x 2cm dimension.
Although the cheapduino has extremely low price tag, we do spent lots of time to consider every detail of the product. The processor has 3 pwm digital pins, 3 analog pins and power supply interface with hexagonal pads around the board, which make it really easy to solder for the beginners. Of course, the I2C interface and serial port is also available to extend the 2 wire peripheral devices directly. The adoptation of micro FPC connector saves extra space compared with regular Arduino USB interface. "Cheapduino - Not just cheap"
The picture aside shows a simple temperature display application based cheapDuino.
So just pick one up, get started to control your physical world with cheapDuino now.
This product winned the Editor’s Choice Award at Maker Faire Bay Area 2015.
- When plugin the fpc programming cable to DFRobot FPC programmer and cheapDuino, please the blue side facing upward.
- This kit comes with 5 cheapDuino, 2 DFRobot standard fpc programming cable and 1 fpc programmer adapter.The FTDI programmer is not included in this kit.
- We recommended you to buy one of the programmer below and mini USB cable if you don't have it.
- FTDI Basic Breakout 3.3/5V (Arduino Compatible)
- USB Serial Light Adapter (Arduino Compatible)
- Working voltage: 3~5 volts
- Recommended power supply: 5v
- Microctonroller: Atmel AVR ATmega8
- bootloader(Board option in Arduino IDE): Arduino NG / w ATmega8
- 3 digital pins, 3 analog pins with easy-to-solder hexagonal pads
- Integrate 3 pwm pins,I2C interface and UART interface
- Suitable for workshop,education usage,DIY or compact size projects and E-Textiles
- Low cost Arduino compatible controller
- Dimensions: 2cm x 2cm x 0.2cm(0.78x0.78x0.08")