Adafruit USB Complete: The Developer's Guide by Jan Axelson - Fifth Edition
Deliveryfrom just £2.50
No Quibblereturns policy
Next Day DeliveryOrder by 2PM*
Share this Product
Put USB to work in your designs with USB Complete: The Developer's Guide! This book bridges the gap between the technical specifications and the real world of designing and programming devices that connect over the Universal Serial Bus. This is Ladyada's favorite protocol book, and is great at explaining USB at a low level.
As the most versatile computer interface around, USB can handle just about any peripheral function you can think of, but it also has a lot of complexities. Rather than just an RX and TX of raw data, USB has differential signals, 4 types of data transfers, and a structured request/response command set
Readers will learn how to:
- Select the appropriate USB speed, device class, and hardware for a device
- Communicate with devices using Visual C#
- Use standard host drivers to access devices, including devices that perform vendor-defined tasks
- Save power with USB's built-in power-conserving protocols
- Create robust designs using testing and debugging tools.
USB 3.1 and other recent additions to the interface bring higher speed, more power, reversible connectors and more. Advances in chip hardware and tools ease the tasks of devloping devices and the software to access them.
In its fifth edition author Jan Axelson has updated the content throughout to reflect the latest in USB technology, standards, devices, and software.