Adafruit Solder:Time DIY watch kit
Share this Product
Calculator watches are back, but microcontroller watches are always in style. Make your own with this easy to solder real time watch kit from SpikenzieLabs! It comes with a unique laser cut acrylic casing which protects the watch and looks snazzy besides: the four individual acrylic parts cut to fit the internal PCB, battery and switch perfectly. Included is a velcro wrist band. After soldering the Solder:Time, the watch is built by stacking the acrylic parts with the PCB and holding it together with the included screws.
The Solder:Time was designed to be a wrist watch. It doesn't have to be limited to living on your wrist, you could also use it as a badge or desk clock.
- Great looking laser cut acrylic case
- Unique watch
- Easy to solder
- Stand alone project - no computer or other programmer required. Just solder it and it's ready!
- On board Dallas DS1337+ Real Time Clock (RTC) for super accurate time keeping
- Jumper (on bottom) for always on use.
- Hackable: Programming and I2C pads labeled on bottom
- Clear front and back casing to show the internal electronics
- Adjustable wrist band
- Can be also be worn as a badge with optional badge clip.
- Long lasting battery, with special LED lighting method and very low power processor sleeping.
This is a DIY soldering kit, you'll need to assemble it yourself but luckily that is very easy, and very fast so this is a good kit for beginners! You'll need basic soldering tools such as an iron, solder, and diagonal cutters.
Kit includes: Solder:Time PCB with all of the electronics, Laser cut acrylic casing with four screws, Easy to use Velcro type wrist band (long enough for huge wrists, trim-able for smaller ones and a CR2032 Battery. All instructions are here!